Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Julie's poem

As my small group, the Soul Sisters, discussed how nature proclaims and adores God, we talked about how observing nature causes us to also think of God. I promised them I'd share my poem on my blog, so here it is:


HOW DO YOU SEE GOD?

Do you see God in your day to day life?

Sometimes? Not very often? Not usually? Never?

Take another look. He is there, all around you.

Take a moment to drink Him in.

He sends His kisses on the wind.

His warm embrace is the sunbeams engulfing my body.

The cool breeze is His tender greeting.

I see the twinkle in His eye as I look to the night sky.

His smile? Why, it’s on the face of every flower in my garden;

- - bold colors mixing with a lush green.

His comforting arms envelope me as I listen to the Robin sing her song.

The billowing clouds are God taking my burdens away.

Do you see Him now? He is in His creation.

He splashes color and mood on His living canvas.

Look harder. He is there.

His words are whispered in the wind. Can you hear Him?

It’s not the thunder, it’s the rustling leaves.

It’s not the lightening, it’s the crystal clear morning.

It’s not the storm clouds, it’s the brilliant blue sky.

Won’t you listen? He longs to tell you all the things you need to hear.

Walk with Him in the cool of the day.

Is He speaking to you the way He spoke to Adam in the Garden?

Perhaps… but He doesn’t speak to deaf ears.

Unveil your eyes and see Him.

Open your ears and hear Him.

He is God, and He loves you.

- - Julie Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment